Here are the tips to stay healthy during hot days :
- Drink more (non-alcoholic) fluids, and avoid alcoholic and high sugar drinks.
- People and animals should stay indoors, preferably in an air-conditioned place. If your home does not have air-conditioning, visit a public place such as a library, mall, or community relief shelter for a few hours.
- NEVER leave anyone, especially infants, children, or animals, in a closed, parked vehicle.
- Wear lightweight, light colored, and loosely fit clothing.
- Take a cool shower or bath; don’t rely on electric fans to cool off once temperatures are over 90° F.
- Limit activity outdoors to the morning or evening.
- Try to reduce outdoor activities and be sure to drink 2-4 glasses (16-32 oz.) of cool, non-alcoholic fluids every hour. If you are not on a low-sodium diet, a sports beverage may be helpful to replace lost fluids, salt, and minerals.
- Rest often in the shade.